To enhance the health and sustainability of the American berry crop industries.
Consumption of berry crops provided by the American berry crop industry will triple by 2020. As a result, the American berry crop industry will be viewed as a model of agricultural efficiency, sustainability and prosperity. Berry crop consumption will result in improved human health and nutrition and prosperity for rural and agricultural communities.
- Integrity – of the products, of information, of the members;
- Interdependence – capitalizing on common interests and opportunities;
- Working Collectively – achieving common goals as a unified voice; what NBCI can do better than an individual industry working on its own; building trust;
- Stewardship/Sustainability – environmental, economic, social;
- Respect – internally and externally;
- Leadership – for berry crops in particular and for Specialty Crops as a whole.