Image is Courtesy of Oregon Cranberry Growers Association.
Consumption of berry crops provided by the American berry industry will increase year over year. As a result, the American berry crop industry will continue to be viewed as a model of agricultural efficiency, and sustainability. Increased berry consumption will result in improved human health and nutrition as well as prosperity for rural and agricultural communities.
- Integrity – of the products, of information, of the members
- Interdependence – capitalizing on common interests and opportunities
- Working Collectively – achieving common goals as a unified voice of the US berry industry
- Stewardship/Sustainability – environmental, economic, social
- Respect – internally and externally
- Leadership – for berry crops in particular and for specialty crops as a whole
Put on under the auspices of NBCI, the symposium, which has been held biennially since 2005, is an international conference dedicated to showcasing the latest scientific research into berries and health. The symposium features cutting edge findings in many areas including brain health, heart health, gut health, skin health and more.