Berry Health Benefits Symposium
What is BHBS?
Put on under the auspices of the National Berry Crops Initiative, the Berry Health Benefits Symposium (BHBS) offers a conference of dynamic research presentations as well as berry sessions focused on communicating the berry health message, and typically offers a tour of the nearby berry growing region.
The internationally renowned conference offers a unique opportunity for industry professionals to connect with leaders of the berry industry, nutrition and health, academia, and media.
Why is BHBS Important?
Behind news releases on how berries improve heart health, memory and skin health is the work of research scientists. The Berry Health Benefits Symposium is an international conference dedicated to showcasing the latest scientific research by these men and women that focuses on berries and human health.
The symposium, which has been held biennially since 2005, features cutting edge findings in many areas. The symposium features studies related to cognition, berry phytochemicals and metabolites on cardiovascular function & cardio-metabolic health, gut health & gut microflora, food technology & chemistry and berry special topics.
- 2023 BHBS – Tampa, Florida – January 31st – February 2nd
- 2019 BHBS – Portland, Oregon – May 7th – 9th
- 2017 BHBS – Pismo Beach, California – March 28th – 30th
- 2015 BHBS – Madison, Wisconsin – October 13th – 15th
- 2013 BHBS – Charlotte, North Carolina – June 18th – 20th
- 2011 BHBS – West Lake Village, California – June 27th-29th
- 2009 BHBS – Monterey, California
- 2007 BHBS – Corvallis, Oregon
- 2005 BHBS – Corvallis, Oregon